2013-07-29

348 i-solated

It is probably due to my lack of i-gadget literacy, but I still cannot get used to the sight of everyone focusing on their tablets and smartphones in train. It simply looks strange because they seem attracted to another dimension and completely lost the air of being 'here and now'. Well it's unfair if I deny that I myself is one of them, using iPod almost every time en route, which I feel listening is not that strange as it only requires ears. I have no idea why, but I have strong feeling of out of place when I see people in train absorbed in browsing their i-things and caring little about what is going on around them. 

On the other hand the traditional media such as newspaper, books and magazines don't bother me like that. So is this just a matter of adaption to new media? If so I'm a stubborn, inflexible person and that's all. But the problem is they look like they're at home, not in public space and very much isolated, losing connection to the surroundings. I suppose this is maybe because old media and listening media have clear objective(book or music), while i-media sometimes seems to aim at isolation itself. 

If so, what about digital book? Actually I've not found the clear distinction yet, but probably something in-between.    

No comments:

Post a Comment