2014-08-31

470 Radio Days #2

I feel I haven't yet finished talking about the charm of radio. I guess the topic will be continuing to appear in this blog whenever I find new opinion and way to tell the impression on radio program. 

Simply, radio is for listening to music. In my experience if I listen to radio for couple of hours in the weekend, I will find at least one tune nice enough to make me search the title in iTunes store. So this rate adds up to 4-5 songs in a month, and 50+ songs in a year. Furthermore, radio gives you a very big fun of unpredictability. Suddenly without expectation you will meet your "song of the month", which is a joy and surprise, and keeps your belief that good music does exist.

Another point worth to be mentioned about radio is that they are (basically) live broadcasting. At the same time the programs are (basically) created professionally with carefully selected music that go with the theme, dialogue and the atmosphere at the time of broadcasting. In contrast with the power of movies or SNS browsing that take away the sense of time and place from the audience's mind, radio is always marching alongside the course of time. So radio is always fresh and living. I think it's reasonable to say that radio is best at simply reminding us the sense of being here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment