2016-01-15

606 Connect

According to one of the leading studies of human mentality, which I think I had seen on TED Talks, our lifetime happiness essentially relies on connection with others. In other words happiness is based on, and requires good human relationships that give you peace of mind and satisfaction. I don't remember quite well if it is said to be a good thing or yet a bad thing to have only a few relationships than to have lots of wrong relationships. That would totally depend on the situation but in any case good relationship is necessary for us like water, food, sleep, sunlight, or house to live in. 

Then I came up with an idea that probably this is it, this is what social networking embodies. That's why social networking is so powerful and overwhelming. We have them not just because of the technological innovation but rather because human essentially need them. I'm not saying SNS is a source of happiness and find it ironical truth that you need to shut down emails and SNS in order to refresh your peace of mind. But today no one can deny that SNS helps us to build and manage our relationships in an unexpected and fully modern style. I think I finally get to like it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment