2015-06-30

542 Music to the Mind : Hiphop

I really care for several different kinds of music. Originally I grew up as a rock kid like many others, meanwhile I was familiar with classical music and sometimes jazz. Dance music and electronica blew my mind after I left my hometown to enter the university and knew the fun at capital city, clubbing and chilling out with friends. At the same time I do like some operas, holiday musics and Disney musicals.

Sometimes I listen to only a certain category of music all through days just for fun. And when I get bored, I switch the category to the other. This is an extreme way but sometimes it gives me a feeling as if my mind (or my brain) reacts differently to each of the category of music, like we sense different taste at different spot of our tongue. 

Here I try to figure out what it might mean.

Hiphop music is (basically) features clear-cut beat and groove, but also sampling and loop of music. It's a free style combination of beat, groove, rhythm, rap, cool melodies and whatever that identifies its sound creator. Personally I think it's all about the beat, groove and loop that makes people comfortable and uplift. It's amazing that the beat, groove and loop are something quite in line with a heart beat, breathing, and the whole circulation of blood and air. I feel that hiphop music can approach directly to our physical existence so that we might be able to grasp the feeling of "being here now", while activating our mind snappily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment