2015-06-30

543 Music to the Mind : Rock'n Roll

Rock'n roll music is a totally different subject. Every time I listen to rock I cannot help imagining those musicians behind the sound with guitar or base in their hands, beating drums, playing keyboards, or gripping microphone before audience, in the middle of fest field,  or in the lively studio. Sometimes those imagination takes image of short films --- which arguably shows how my childhood was deeply affected by MTV. Maybe that is one of the reason why I tend to bond rock music with past feelings and experiences I have gone through. Of course it's not just looking back these days in nostalgia. It's my own way to sympathize with the message and lyrics of the song. I feel it's like the way how actors understand the character they play through the script, by searching for their own personal experiences and feelings in the past. Rock'n roll, even if it's a brand-new one I've never heard of, has an undeniable power to appeal to the memory and come up with strangely familiar vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment