2015-11-06

578 7 Years

I seldom write about my work. I've been in financial industry for almost 12 years. And in September 2008 I was about to find work in financial industry, which was a foolish idea but somehow I managed to do it, and since then I've been in an extraordinary adventure. My home nation didn't seem to suffer from the financial melt down and great recession as much as in US, but it was indeed a dark time. Downsizing, job cut, pay cut, business withdrawal, restructuring, fear, uncertainty, suspicion, pessimism were all over. But the right mind and deed, discipline, fearless will and strong wisdom were always there, too. There was surely a light to guide the way it should be. Only that I didn't notice it in the middle of confusion, depression, doubt, anger and misunderstanding. 

It was also a hard training period. Everyone was required to be self-sustained and high-spirited in order to behave based on firm belief and try to see the bigger picture. You need to motivate yourself, encourage yourself, care yourself, and find why and how you could keep on under the annoying situation. The crisis tests you and unveil you. It was a combat against ourselves. It seemed everyone was fighting and suffering, and there were no lose nor victory, just survival.  That's how my prosperous thirties started at the era of one of the greatest recession in modern history, and I met so many fantastic person who had right mind, generosity and identity to stand out. 

Now the world looks very different. I certainly never wish to go back to the era again, but sometimes cannot help wondering how the experience taught me much.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment