2012-05-16

234 Supermoon

I remember when I was very young I used to walk to home with my mother. One evening I saw the moon in the sky at the station. Within ten minutes' walk on the path to home, I looked up the sky and saw the moon again. I wondered and asked my mother why it still followed me. She answered to me, "to lighten your way til you would be safe back home." 
A bit later when I came to know that the sun is a burning star, I used to stare at the sun for a while as if I were able to see the flaming core. I never asked my parents why the sun followed me. Somehow I've got a feeling that the sun might be too grand to keep the light just on me. If the moon was the guardian, the sun was the sovereign. Moon follows us while the sun rules us. It's interesting that the childish images were astronomically quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment