2014-10-31

487 Stranger

Today I happened to encounter an amiable couple, a guy and a girl. They were searching for the way to the famous tourist's spot. I told the way and because it was a bit complex route for a stranger, I offered to go partway with them. I asked the guy where they were from. He answered they were from London. And he asked me how about myself. I don't think I looked like a visitor but somehow he mistook me as a stranger, which amused and pleased me. It makes me rather happy to think I'm still a stranger here who doesn't and will not belong to the city no matter how long I've been living in here. Because I'm proud of having been raised in a northern countryside and I appreciate the fact that I can call it my hometown. 

The guy knew about my hometown and he said it was beautiful place. I agreed with him with much delight and I told him it had started snowfall and he told me that London was chilly and having snow also. 

Yesterday I happened to know that my big brother had been on business trip to our hometown for couple of days. Yesterday was his birthday and I'm sure he must have seen the snow falling just like the old days. 
Happy birthday to you, my bro! 

No comments:

Post a Comment