2013-12-29

385 LBIA #12 Nike, the Winged Victory

At Louvre I wasn't particularly eager to see so many things, except this Nike. I had been fascinated by the image since I saw it in the art textbook when I was in elementary school. The real sculpture was exactly I imagined. It was located in the center of large landings just under the skylight. It was divine. It looked like as if the goddess had flown down from the sky on the ship. I cannot believe that mankind could create such a purely beautiful thing. If I ever had a spiritual moment in my life, I think this is it. When I feel like I am battling against something this goddess image bestows me strength.

I spent a whole hour to see, feel and photograph the masterpiece from every perspectives.   
  
But whatever I was inspired especially by the statue I'm sure I might look like just the same with other tourist who happily rushed for the Nike, the Venus and the Mona Lisa. Of course I was one of them too. I think every male and female, young or old, gets happy when they see beautiful women, and it is very nice to join the pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment