2013-12-31

393 LBIA #20 Animals


At Helsinki international airport I couldn't help smiling when I went out of the building and saw three small statues of sitting bears on the pedestrian pass. They were so humorous and too sweet for such a wild animal. And when I entered the center of the city I found the most unique fountain ever; there were four sea lions surrounding the maiden statue in the middle. In walking down the street I found several signboard or nameplates with lovely drawings of some animal. The general souvenir shops were of course full of stuffed animals or carved wooden ones. 

Obviously the land care for animals, at least symbolization of them. It's not just fun to watch as a design but also it seems they regard animals as equal members of those who living in the land of nature, land of forests and lakes, which I think is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment