2013-12-29

386 LBIA #13 Villa Savoye

The biggest objective of my visit to Paris was to see Villa Savoye created by Le Corbusier. As one of the students who adore the modern architectures of the early 20th century, surely he was my idol, and Villa Savoye was definite destination. 

That afternoon was a perfect happiness for me. What I saw was a ultra-idealistic yet with hands-on touch of human work of art.

"A machine to live": the famous words lead us the images of functionalism or only mechanical side of the maison (the true meaning, not the literal, of the words when Le Corbusier stated them is still on argument, though). But I saw in the machine was a group of many students of all ages and races who sketched, walked casually around the villa and talked with fellows sitting on the LC chair. It was somewhat a heartwarming scene to me. I felt like I was just one of them, and moreover, felt everyone in the room shared the same joy and satisfaction to be in the work. We didn't actually talk each other but we could have been able to be friends with anytime if we wanted. We didn't even have to ask "You studying architecture?" "You like Le Corbusier?", as we all knew it. We kept the bonds in silence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment