2015-12-23

589 Anna Wintour

How does it feel like to be the Editor-in-chief of American Vogue and also the Artistic director of Conde Nast Publications, being one of the most important and respected influencers in the global fashion industry? Simply put, this is huge. I guess, it is like to be the Chair of FRB in the global economy. Ms. Anna Wintour is said to be a model for the popular Devil Wears Prada, and certainly I cannot say if she is really devilish as I have never, and will never be able to know her personally. But a fine documentary film about  remarkable people can tell us a bit of their real personality and make us think what we can learn from them. 

This is why I like to watch the September Issue again and again. I'm not particularly interested in how she governs the magazine and her way of work (seemingly cold-hearted), or how great designers and photographers are under her influence. I like how she focuses on her work, how she avoids compromise and makes decisions in very plain words that cannot be misunderstood by anybody, and how she always has a clear vision. Above all, she is strict and decisive and maybe ruthless, but what I admire most is that she seems to 100% focus on, be involved in her work of pursuit for the finest quality. I like that highest level of simplicity in work. Talented people around her, and Ms. Wintour herself thinks the work is not easygoing. But I found the brightness and genuinity in her eyes fascinating when she finds something worthy of being shared to the world through clothing, and it makes us believe the tough work means a great deal so we should hang on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment