2015-12-31

596 Cooking


One of the best practices I got in 2015 was to enjoy cooking more than ever. My style of cooking is very simple: pick up whatever I want to eat and cook it really simple (grill, bake, or boil) with good seasonings and lots of herbs. My favorites are salmon, tofu and ground chicken. Egg, beans, pork shoulder and avocado follow them. I frequently use such simple seasoning as salt&pepper, miso, dashi kombu, olive oil, sesame, apple vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and bonito flakes. Herbs are indispensable in my dish. Basil, parsley, rosemary, rocket, leek, radish sprouts, and sometimes accompanied by grated radish. When I'm too busy to cook, I don't hesitate to rely on canned foods like boiled mackerel in miso, boiled herring or grilled saury pike. 

What I learnt is that cuisine is a great and interesting creative work which can be well done by such an amateur like me with combining these rather limited ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment