2015-12-30

593 STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

What makes Star Wars not just a series of exciting films but a modern myth to share, an icon of our age, or an influencer to our personal life story? I know not all of us feel like that but I am one of these huge fans who have been waiting for the new saga to start with Episode VII. 

I was born in 1977 when the Episode IV was released and was just 6 years old when the classic saga finished,  so obviously I didn't have the viewing experience in real time in theater. The first encounter was when I was 12 years old, which I think was the most ideal age to fully understand the depth and excitement of Star Wars saga. Simply put, the movie changed my life. If this sounds too exaggerating, I would say the movie changed me in several different ways that I aspire the world of creativity, imagine things, create things, have strong interests in space and aircraft, and learn the universal truth about good and evil, light and darkness in the modern mythical style. This is a life-changing-experience for 12-years old kid.

This is how I met and made friends with Star Wars. By the way I personally think Episode I, II, and III are wonderful works of action, arts and imagination even if they couldn't fully influence me as much as the classics did to me in younger age. 

Then this Episode VII. It's truly awesome, beautifully done, lot of fun and delight. From the beginning to the ending, I was almost gawping at the screen. I felt like I was just an early teen kid. Surely there may be some points that the creators should have dug into, but that's minor. No doubt, the movie has a "force" to attract us and arise social phenomenon that cannot be ignored. At least, is there any other movies whose creators and the audience are all huge fans of the universe?

(Comments to be continued with Spoiler Alert...)

No comments:

Post a Comment