2016-12-05

676 Scrooge

Ebenezer Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol" , a frozen-hearted old lonely miser who later turns to be a good man through the journey with Christmas ghosts. At the beginning he is too bad, too ruthless and twisted. Probably we will never meet with such a man like Scrooge in our lives. But at this time of the year I never fail to feel inclined to read the story again and again, and kind of sense that I come to have something, a tiny tiny bit of Scrooge, which I never thought in that way when I was a kid and reading the book for the first time. I might be sometimes mean, selfish and cold (like everyone else from time to time). So I might be able to look at my behavior and fix what should be fixed. I don't mean I must be dead serious about it, but I guess I might be able to make my "little bit of Scrooge" into "Scrooge after Christmas morning".

The part I like the best in this masterpiece is what he didn't care at all when he was laughed at by his fellows for his sudden, huge change of behavior and identity. The description of his courage to change, broad mind to expand his internal possibility is I think as great as his virtue and kindness to his family, fellows and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment