2016-12-24

688 Ankle

This Christmas weekend I've been away from candle lights, turkey, holly tree, cakes, mulled wines and Christmas movies, but been training myself for fun. I've been taking lessons of Taichi and dance and learning new things. Both trainings require me a life-time continuing learning that never ends and it's my delight. From the beginning I've been always surprised to know how much this ancient Chinese martial arts, and how much this street-smart pop culture, have such logical and theoretical way to approach the essential. 

One interesting note that I thought I should memorize, was the importance of stability and flexibility of ankle. It goes like this. Ankle is just like a base column in architecture. If the base is not strong enough, the stability of the whole building should be put at risk. If the base is not stable as expected, you cannot compensate it by adjusting anything in upper body. Don't we take it for granted too much that we have a body carefully designed for every single movement?

No comments:

Post a Comment