2016-12-12

680 Smoking

I don't smoke. I used to, for a short period of time when I was in university where somehow many students regarded smoking as one of the coolest activity. My family members like to smoke from time to time, some colleagues and some friends do, so I don't mean to criticize smoking at all. Only I do not like it at all and there is no fit to me in act of smoking. Why I found I didn't like it and quit? It had nothing to do with health problem or prohibition or heart-breaking event. I was teaching kids from 8-years-old to 18-years old in a cram school as a part-time job.  One day I smoked about a pack of cigarette and went to work. Soon after I sat with a kid whom I was in charge, I noticed a queer, irritating smoky smell from my fingers. It kept smelly even after washing hands carefully, and I simply got sick of it. I remember, back in my childhood, I was actually interested in the unique scent of cigarette before it was smoked, but it turned into a very different thing once it was lightened. 

Not just I don't smoke, I seldom drink. They don fit to me and I don't feel comfortable with them. Given 70% of human body is made of and filled with water, being already a great coffee drinker, maybe I don't have any room for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment