2010-05-03

50 Sartorialist in Japan

Mr. Scott Schuman has visited Japan this April for the first time in his life, which is surprising because to me Tokyo seemed to be such a sanctuary to any fashion journalists.

He took great street fashion photos as usual. No, maybe...I don't know, but there's difference in his photo in Japan from those in NY, Paris, or Milan. I've been always enjoying the people's atmosphere in Scott's shooting. Whoever the people are, either the fashion celebrity or students, mother and child, oridinary ladies and gentlemen, their appearances are in a way the same; free & easy, relaxed, and also independent.

I do like one or two of his photo in Tokyo, especially a girl with aviator suglasses and two men in kimono.

But I cannot help feel something is different here. Tokyo's fashionista seemed to be tensed, or less relaxed than people in NY street. That's just because Scott is a foreigner? No I don't think so. I'm sure the beautiful people knew him who is an icon in fashion industry. Also he is a genius to make people relaxed and mind-free.

It's all my feelings and I don't know if it's true, but street fashionista in world's cities seems much more open-minded and unconscious for their clothings or chic stylings. That makes them just enjoy their time to talk with Scott and to be an target of his camera.

Anyway his first shooting in Tokyo was not the human but the popular blue drink; POCARI SWEAT and that's really funny.

Please see the website: The Sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment