2010-05-15

56 Take Care

As an investment banker, I usually work late and work hard too much. Last April was terrible because I never left office before midnight.

Everyone says to me "Take care of your health" and I think I should. But practically how do I? How can I take care of myself when I have to work 16 hours a day? (Note: financial people are not the exceptional. Some of my friends are doctors who work 20 hours a day and have almost no holidays.)

"Take care" is not diffficult but it's a matter of priotrity, I guess.

Before I check today's Sartorialist post,
Before I listen to the radio talk,
Before I send reply mails to friends,
Before I enjoy red-carpet fashion reviews,
Before I start to write this blog,

I should just rest.
I should rest from top to toe before any activities my minds wants, and not my body. If you take care of yourself, it's not something you just wait for an aid. It needs intentional action towards your physical condition. It means to give your body the priority...that's what I thought.

But when I told my idea to a lady she said "but mind works together with body. So if minds wants something, just do it. It is as important to your whole health as resting your body."

This is true. So, maybe the best, happiest thing is, "what mind wants is the same with what body wants."

No comments:

Post a Comment