2012-12-04

279 WW #2 Starbucks

"Why did you go out of your way to drop in Starbucks, of all places?" my colleague asked me in amazement, when I talked about my frequent visits at Starbucks in Zurich. Yes, it seems odd to go to the global chain cafe while traveling. But I found perfect reasons for it. 

One, in Zurich you could see so many Starbucks so frequently that you'd guess that the city loves the cafe. 
Two, it gives you a relief to be able to count on something very familiar, like a habitual cup of coffee when you're a stranger in the town. 
Three, local differences in global chain are always interesting. 
Four, Starbucks succeeded to create an universal style that well work in every major cities on earth no matter how the locations and histories are. Would I go too far if I say that Starbucks is like an airport, in the sense of functionality and universality, because it welcomes people of all gender and all ages in the same style and design, regardless of the location? 

And lastly, it would be delightful to see your favorite place in an indeed beautiful Christmas ambience that is too good to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment