2012-12-30

286 WW #9 Vitra; introduction

I've been writing down my visit to Zurich, but actually I left for Basel on the next morning I arrived in Zurich. Knowing Basel is internationally renowned for its Watch Fair(BaselWorld) held in spring, November was surely out of season. Moreover, the rain had keep falling in the Basel region during my stay. So I didn't expect sunshine or fever, but I headed for Vitra Campus in high spirits, like a pilgrim, as this was the sacred ground for modern architecture. 

Vitra is a superior brand for interior design and furniture. Vitra Campus represents its brand philosophy with a great combination of museum,  architectures and showroom, all designed by the most prominent architects of our era, Buckminster Fuller, Tadao Ando, Zaha Hadid, Frank Gary, Herzog & de Meuron and more.

The experience was beyond my expectation though I had to bear the cold weather and rain. After all, the climate wasn't a flaw as it set off the warm welcome and my imagination of the brilliance of the place in other seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment