2012-12-16

283 WW #6 Gastronomy

Some might think, "When you're going to talk about foods on your journey?" I seldom talk about foods in the first place. And I don't travel for foods. Most importantly I don't want to photograph foods which is served for me. A good blogger should refine that kind of skills but I feel somewhat guilty. So if I take photo of my plate, it's only when nobody watches me--- none of the chefs, waiters or other guests. This is one of them at beautiful "Restaurant Belcanto" next to the Zurich Opera house. Belcanto is a marvelous place in terms of atmosphere and quality of taste, located only a few steps from Opera house with spacious view of the lake Zurich.

Zurich I saw was a city of gastronomy, though I mostly enjoyed light meals at cafes and take-away sandwiches. The charm and advantage of the city as to cuisine, is internationality. It welcomes people with Italian, French, or German、Thai, Spanish, Chinese and Mediterranean dishes as well as its local Swiss. I found near my hotel a nice Italian Restorante "Molino" seemingly a successful Italian casual dining full of local families. Tasty and friendly enough.

"But have you ever really appreciated traditional Swiss foods anyway?", some might say. Yes. To me breakfast is simply the finest meal of a day and I was lucky to have savoury Emmenthal cheese (very famous and traditional Swiss cheese with large holes like you see in "Tom & Jerry") with fresh milk every morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment