2012-12-31

298 Real Life

Excuse me to tell the story back in Christmas. For these several years I've been away from the custom to ornament the Christmas tree. I wasn't so pious nor affluent and found little place to stand a decent tree. When I was a kid and living in northern area my family set a real tree every year and decorate it with light, stars, balls and icicle-shaped glass. I believed strongly that the tree was cut down by my father and brother one night in the near hill. Of course it wasn't and finally I knew the truth of Christmas market. 

This year I happened to find the branch of holy tree and decided to put it in my house. Since holy have been used as amulet against evil, the prickle of the leaves was indeed sharp and painful and did hurt some of my fingers. But it didn't matter. This was just the thing the real holy should be.

The other day I was dining at my favorite deli. They decorated the narrow wooden table with a bunch of real fir tree branches. The tree didn't hurt people but welcomed with its refreshing evergreen scent. It was so good that I almost asked the manager if he could spare me some of the trees. 

I don't try to deny artificial Christmas decoration at all, but I think you cannot resist these strong attractions that only the real plants could generate.

No comments:

Post a Comment