2010-01-10

09 PRADA Birds 













Photo images from PRADA's campaign a few years ago. This time the theme I remember was "the bird." Well-refined and chic, but also fresh, free and unique.
These are my all-time best fashion photos and admire most.

First of all I like fashion very much. I do read fashion magazine and love to see the fashion websites. I confess that Kate Moss had been my inspiration for a long time when I was a child. But I never was interested in or addictied to a fashion indusrty or business.

I've been feeling sort of something is wrong about fashion. Alright, it might be caused by my lack of knowledge or understanding, of course, but how do you think, when you take a look at a latest issue of fashion magazine, how could the "mode" change so quickly, every 30 days?

I do not intend to deny the tide of trends. Instead, I would like to know the creation and ideas of the designers, just want to know their talent and techneques in design, tailoring, textile, pattern, concept, and thier ways of making life happier by wearing nice clothings. Every time I see so many beautiful photos of clothings and start wondering why they are so enchanting, then the next issue will come with the brand-new style. Everything is so quick and superficial.

Isn't it odd, that one month they say that fairy-tale look become popular, and next month the military movements rule the world? I think that behind the styles and trends there are numerous challenges and marvelous ideas of the designers (I don't say that "all the designers", though), but we never know them. I would like to know the true story and details of their creation.
I see some differences in fashion from other creation. For example we can listen to the music that hits the billborad chart, or anything we like, however queer, melancholy, too pop, too punk, too naive, or too radical the sound may be. Also we can try any movie we like to, or try eat and drink anything we want. If you don't like it eventually, that doesn't mean much. But the fashion, or clothings, when we wear them, they become part of us and tell clearly what you are like and what kind of personality you have. Naturally we are to be cautious and selective about clothings and styles and rarely pick up a fashion trend which some designers say it's gorgeous but it doesn't fit your sense. We don't want trial and error in wearings (except for crazy Halloween costumes.)
So far, as a non-fashion-addicted person I always wear my favorite clothings and shoes. I must admit there are almost no trends in my appearances. I believe that standard, classic, orthodox and simple styles are for ever great and beautiful. But I also believe in the power and joy of fashions (that's why I can enjoy Grunge look and don't stop checking Cameron Diaz on red carpets).

No comments:

Post a Comment