2010-01-11

11 Early Morning Cafe

At one holiday evening I was talking to my friend A over starbucks coffee, who always understands me a lot and listens to my non-sense talkings, and as always, one notion hit me inspired by the conversation with her.

One of my non-sense ambitions is to make an Early Morning Cafe (or Diner). For some reasons the image of the shop was created vividly in my mind since I was in a childhood. One specific image is no doubt the "Nighthawks" by Edward Hopper (see above). Clean, quiet and also awfully lonely scenary of the Manhattan restaurant have been capturing me so long.

Another image might be a diner appeared in Dick Tracy movie, which I am not sure about details but remember well the bright floor light and the contrast of Dick Tracy's yellow trench coat and brilliant red seats.

The strong light and color in the middle of the night or in the dawn is something like the guardian on the street, like the lighthouse in the seashore, like the control tower in the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment