2010-01-24

17 Green Day

(thousands of confetti with skull image printed on)

Today I was in an arena live of Green Day, on their "21st Century Breakdown Tour."
Fabulous, magical, superb, or any word you could imagine when you are kid and having somthing really exciting moment, and at the same time, they're so mature and cool.

This is the only band which I have been listening since I was a teenager, and which I can still join in the live to shout, scream, sing along, jump to the feet, swing a light pen over my head like a fool to tell how I adore their talents and attitudes.

When they started thier career on the major records, I was high school kid and everyday I watched them playing on MTV when I got home from school. I liked their straightforward lightness in the dirty sense of humor.

They are grown up, so am I. They are grown up to be a Grammy Awarded artists and one of the most respectable rock'n roll figure in the world, of course I am not. Still, I feel like they're my dear fellows.

Now they're truelly glorious figure. I never know such guys who can play such wonderful rock tunes which attract even 4-year child, while attacking politics, injustice or distortion over the society. But not only that. This time I have re-discoverd how they are becoming really artistic figures.

The backscreen on the stage kept me surprised and excited. Starting from shining NY scyscrapers, it changed every each song and they're all fine art works. I'm sorry if these head-banging kids on the front row have missed the artistic view.

So, in the middle of moshing, at one moment I was reminded of my teenage adorenalin, feeling thrill with joy, and at another I was admiring their wonderful staging with cool, analytical senses.

"When I come around", "Longview" and "Basket Case", these songs really could WAKE ME UP. "Wake me up when September ends" made me almost crying because I remember a friend who passed away in last September. "Static Age" really kicked me up in a very good sense. "King for a Day" made me happier than ever.

One light, one mind Flashing in the dark

Blinded by silence of a thousand broken hearts

"For crying out loud" she screamed unto me

A free for all

F**k èm all "you are your own sight"

("Minority")

Seriously, how far could they expand their talents? What kind of faith could drive them so far? But how far they go, I hope I will be coming up to them, walking alongside with them.

(I'll see you, Billie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment