2017-11-02

768 Power of Silence

Last week I have been in a hospital to take surgery and sent days of recovery there. I have lots to talk about, or I would like to say lots to learn about the process of surgery and recovery of my body, but not only that I learned a very inspiring lesson throughout the days: the power of silence. Hospital is a very quiet place and it was beyond my expectation. Of course I took with me my iPhone and listened to music every day with earphones, but very often I was totally free from sound (however pleasant it may be) and noise, leading me to learn the power and quality of silence. It's good not only for meditational feeling but also it sharpens your senses, which is important because as the patient after the surgery I was supposed to be sensitive about my pain, movement and overall condition of my body. As a patient I tried to keep monitoring my condition and how I feel, what kind of pain, how much of pain, in which way, etc. in every action I took. I never thought that the utmost silence turned out to be my ally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment