2017-11-20

788 Wai Khru Ram Muay

The other day I joined Wai Khru exercise lesson for the first time. After the surgery my condition is getting better and I had already started Taichi practice, though I still had some strange feelings and awkwardness in my movement around my abdominal muscles and left foot. But the lesson was not for practicing Muay Thai fighting but for learning Wai Khru movements. Given I like dancing as well as martial arts, it was truly natural for me to get interested in Wai Khru, a kind of War-dance to pay respect. It was only for beginners like me, but the unique way of using the body to perform dynamic but quiet action was really fascinating. It's not like Taichi or yoga, or any activity in eastern culture as far as I know. It's smooth but rhythmical, fluid but bouncy, elegant but strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment