2017-11-07

776 Scent Free

It's amazing there's lots to talk about life in hospital, or how it is different from your daily life. There's limited vision, limited sound, and of course limited scent. Actually I didn't even feel the smell of disinfectant or any other relevant smells that otherwise seemed like typical image of hospital. I remember I didn't smell anything at all in the operating room.

So I spent days without any certain scent except for meals and washing soap. Like the silence cleansed my ears, scent-free environment worked in the similar way to my nose. Not perfectly the same, though. I kind of got to like the silence, but I prefer to feel and be in good smell, rather than to fully stay away from them. But for the example the smell of smoke, exhaust gas, or fragrance (including mine), pastries and sweets, are felt much heavier than before. My nose seems to have got more sensitive. But it's good in one way - when combined to the familiarity to silence, the sensitivity would be a help to more focus on breathing because the scent of air is the part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment