2017-11-13

780 Coffee Break

One of the changes I went through these days is my attitude to coffee. I have been heavily drinking black coffee for more than 20 years with 4-5 cups of coffee a day. Now I still love coffee but the amount I take is greatly decreased to a moderate level. I enjoy 1-3 cups of coffee a day and drink a lot more water. I quit making my coffee by french press because it just doesn't fit to my stomach any more (but it will come back again, I suppose), instead I started to make it by dripper. For I've been drinking my coffee by plunger for over 10 years, now I can easily tell the difference of taste between plunger and dripper. It's not good or bad, but I'm just learning to enjoy the difference. 

I found a very nice coffee shop in my neighborhood where they serve a so-called home roasted specialty coffee. It is really good to enjoy the smell of roasted coffee inside the cafe while waiting for my coffee drink to be served. But I also learned that "home-roasted" is not itself a qualification of good coffee. It is after all to find a best roasted coffee place that fits my taste. Coffee is a very delicate drink of special flavor, and all the other things, the marketing, concept or the branding of the cafe, comes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment