2017-11-06

775 Slow Walk

Being in the process of recovery, I try to walk as much as I can feel comfortable every day. I have several surgery wounds so at first I cannot walk without limping a bit. Now it has been gradually improved and I can walk smoothly but slowly, at 50-60% of the speed I usually walk otherwise. It's another different experience for me, as I like to walk very fast. Yesterday after about 1.5 hours of slow walk I felt tired and was confused that I didn't walk a long distance. But when looking at the pedometer of my iPhone I was surprised to know I had walked almost the same amount of steps as usual. 

Even more, I found that I had walked quite a lot in the hospital. The hospital was a large place and even if I didn't notice, the distance to laundry, shower room, lounge, or coffee shop at the ground floor, all worked for me as an initial practice of walking. Now I avoid using public transportation and makes it a daily routine to walk around the neighborhood. During the walk I found a very good coffee shop and nice place to chill out. A slow walk is not just a training and it seems to have an effect to settle my mind and look around the course, leading me to an unexpected long walk.   

No comments:

Post a Comment