2017-11-03

771 Power of Silence #2

I don't drink alcohol and it is because first I don't like it and second it doesn't fit to my body. So I never envy those who can enjoy drinking (which is perfectly good if they're happy) and never know how it feels like to be drunken. I had been a coffee mania but this summer I proved that I could even do without it. I don't smoke so cigarettes also never be something that is impartible to my life. 

But these quiet days in hospital taught me that I had been actually stuck with the sound and music. I was musicholic. Everyday my life starts with music and I always listen to music while moving, and I go to bed with listening to music, sometimes all through the night until I wake up. I've been with music almost all the time except while I'm working, training and eating. It's because I believe music makes me happy, probably.

However, the ultimate quiet times means more to me. The most quiet and peaceful time in hospital is when you wake up earlier than your roommates and just watch the sky gets gradually lightning, with not making any sound so that you won't disturb anyone in the room. It was around 5:00-5:30 am in the morning. The window was tight closed so I couldn't hear the sound of birds or winds (but I could imagine). I could only hear temporary footsteps of nurses in far away corridor. That was utmost silence, but for the sound of breathing of myself. It was, like cleansing. At that moment I didn't quite realize it, but I learned that even the music I love shouldn't be always poured into my ears. 

Since I left hospital I get used to the life without music or sound. Sometimes I listen to music and enjoy it much. Sometimes I enjoy radio program, movie, Youtube, anything. But I learned to value the power of silence more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment