2017-11-04

772 Power of Silence #3

I remember the morning of my leaving the hospital. As always I got up early and quietly left my room not to disturb my roommates who were soundly sleeping. I went to the lounge with my iPhone, thinking maybe I could enjoy listening to some music. Alone in the lounge, I gave up the idea, just because I was again attracted by the silence. Then an old man appeared and went across the room, saying good morning to me. I said good morning and looked at him. He sat on a seat by the window and opened a book or notebook. Slowly but in a good deep voice, the man started to sing a traditional Noh song that I couldn't understand any of the words. It seemed he was practicing it every morning and his performance was pretty fine, to the extent that it effortlessly made me listen to his song. It was a song about ancient war story. The unique tone and good vibes of the song was truly attractive and calming. Without any sound, in the silence of dawn, I was naturally fascinated by the quiet and flowing music his voice created.    

No comments:

Post a Comment