2017-11-02

769 General Anesthesia

So I was curious about how it would be like to take general anesthesia at the beginning of the surgery. Doctors provided me detailed explanation and there was little anxiety about it. I was just curious how I would feel it. The answer is, it was just quick. The moment a doctor said to me "we'll start, this might smart a little bit", all I felt at the time and I remember now is a vague sense that my consciousness had been locked as if it were a real physical living thing. The next moment, I was awaken by the doctor's saying "Hi it's over, surgery was done". I had no idea how long I slept. It's awesome technology. The most interesting part through the little experience was the speed of making people asleep and the speed of doing the contrary. I think, as it was not the natural sleep, the process of awakening was also not necessarily natural, drawsy one like we get every morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment